In a bid to bring fans, coaches and media closer to the action of men’s professional tennis, the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) and its Digital Innovation Partner — Infosys have launched pack of tools comprising exciting match stats and analysis tools.
After the development, fans will be able to level-up their experience of ATP Tour matches by layering on statistical insights from across more than 60 ATP Tour events each season.
Delivered via an immersive and intuitive interface on ATPTour.com, Infosys will allow viewers to tap into the pulse of the match through real-time data and insights – helping to tell a richer story of the action on court and reveal game-changing moments.
Commenting on the development, Daniele Sanò, ATP Chief Business Officer, said: “As an organisation we are constantly looking for new ways to make the experience of our sport more compelling. Tennis is incredibly data-rich and Infosys has both the technological expertise and passion for tennis to bring it to life in an intuitive way. We are excited for fans to interact with these new features and look forward to future digital innovation together with Infosys.”
On the other hand, Sumit Virmani, Chief Marketing Officer, Infosys, expressed: “The revamped stats centre is another significant landmark as we navigate into the seventh year of our successful journey with the ATP. The application of digital technologies is now becoming increasingly important in sport and business.”
“As strategic partners in the digital roadmap and vision for the ATP, we are delighted to jointly bring innovative experiences to the world of tennis to further amplify the experience of fans, coaches, and other stakeholders of the game across the globe,” he added.
In the last six years, Infosys has tried its best to push the sport further after launching various innovative solutions which include popular data-led products such as the ATP Stats Leaderboards and ATP Second Screen for live insights, in addition to digitally driven solutions like the new ATP Tour fan app and Player Zone.
The new features, which have been launched now are:
• MatchBeats: Look deeper into the highs and lows of the match with point-by-point analysis studying shot speeds, rally lengths and auto-generated insights. Spot important trends using filters, from every winner to unforced errors.
• Rally Analysis: Dissect how rallies happen and which ones create an impact. Identify the patterns of play that matter most and study performance in short, medium, and long rallies.
• 3D CourtVision: Re-live every point via an immersive 3D court experience that gives fans the best seat in the house. Analyse ball trajectory and key statistics from multiple viewing angles.
• Stroke Summary: Gain insight into player performance and success rate across different stroke types such as forehands, backhands, lobs and volleys.
• Stats: Rank stats according to their influence on the outcome of a match. Understand if break points won mattered more than net points, or double faults turned the tide more than aces.