On day 7 of the ongoing Tokyo Olympics, ace archer Deepika Kumari will face Ksenia Perova in the pre-quarters of the women’s individual archery while shooters Manu Bhaker and Rahi Sarnobat will aim to enter the Women’s 25m Pistol final. Meanwhile, star shuttler PV Sindhu will be up against Akane Yamaguchi in the quarter-finals. Also, pugilist Lovlina Borgohain could confirm India’s second medal with a win over Nien-Chin Chen.
- India beats Japan 5-3, move into quarterfinals.
- PV Sindhu beats Japan’s Akane Yamaguchi 21-13, 22-20, enters semis of Olympics singles
- Deepika Kumari lose quarterfinal
- India beats Ireland by 1-0 in women’s hockey pool A match, stays alive in Tokyo Olympics.
- Sprinter Dutee Chand fails to qualify for semis in women’s 100m, finishes 45th overall in the heats.
- Lovlina Borgohain assures a medal for India, beats Chinese Taipei’s Nien Chin Chen 4-1 to enter semis
- M P Jabir fails to qualify for the semis in men’s 400m Hurdles, finishes seventh in heat 5 with a timing of 50.77.
- India vs Ireland women’s hockey clash postponed by an hour, will now start at 9.15 AM.
- Manu Bhaker fails to advance after scoring 290 in rapid round of qualification to finish with 582 points overall while Rahi Sarnobat is also out of contention in 25m pistol event.
- Avinash Sable fail to qualify for final, finishes 13th amongst 44 athletes.
- Women’s 1/8 Eliminations: Deepika Kumari enters quarterfinals, beats Ksenia Perova 6-5